Excellence in Damage Prevention
Miss Utility Awards
Locator Achievement Awards
Since 2003, the Locator Achievement Awards has given organizations the opportunity to recognize the best partners in damage prevention: locating technicians. We all work with dedicated locating technicians who strive to improve the damage prevention process. This is your chance to give these professionals the recognition they deserve.
Locator nominations can be submitted each year beginning late January and must be submitted by the mid-February deadline. Nominations for the 16th Annual Locator Achievement Awards have closed, but stay tuned to see who this years winners are!
Nominations are submitted by locating technicians’ managers using an online nomination form that is emailed to locating organizations via their call center district database email address. The link to the nomination form can also be requested by emailing email@example.com. Depending on the region as outlined below, 2-3 eligible locators can be submitted each year by locating using the nomination form.
The nine regions are:
- Region #1: Harford & Cecil County (max. 2 nominees)
- Region #2: Washington, D.C. (max. 3 nominees)
- Region #3: Montgomery County (max. 3 nominees)
- Region #4: Baltimore City & Baltimore County (max. 3 nominees)
- Region #5: Calvert, Charles & St. Mary’s County (max. 2 nominees)
- Region #6: Allegany, Garrett & Washington County (max. 2 nominees)
- Region #7: Anne Arundel County (max. 3 nominees)
- Region #8: Prince George’s County (max. 3 nominees)
- Region #9: Howard, Carroll & Frederick County (max. 3 nominees)
The eligibility period is the full year (January 1st to December 31st) prior to nomination. In order to be eligible for a Miss Utility Locator Achievement Award applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Submitted individuals must have performed facility/utility location services as his/her FULL-TIME job in at least one of the above regions during the eligibility period AND must have responded to at least 1,500 locate requests during that time.
- Submitted individuals must have been employed by the nominating organization for at least 12 months at the time the form is submitted.
- Locator must understand and abide by Maryland Code Title 12 “Underground Facilities” and/or Washington D.C. Code Title 34 Public Utilities.
- Locator must have ZERO safety violations and pass quality audits (if applicable) within his/her respective organization for the eligibility period.
- Locator must establish proactive working relationships in damage prevention.
- No more than two (2) or three (3) locating technicians per region may be submitted, as outlined by the regions above.
- You can only nominate your own company employee(s) (i.e. none of your subcontractors or contract locators).
Locator Achievement Awards
For the past 15 years, these awards have honored the outstanding individuals who go above and beyond to ensure the underground infrastructure of Maryland and Washington, D.C., remains damage free.
Sixty-one locators were recognized during a ceremony at Prince George’s Stadium in Bowie on Friday, May 11, 2018. The 2017 Locator Achievement Award Winners are:
Adam Dove, Anne Arundel County DPW
Ajayi Adedolapo, USIC
Alejandro Sanchez, DCI
Alisa Marbury, DCI
Andre Connelley, USIC
Brian Rappa, USIC
Bryan Peters, Cecil County DPW
Charlie Russell, Pro Comm ELS, LLC
Chris Bate, UtiliQuest
Chris Walrath, USIC
Clarence Watkins, UtiliQuest
Cody Turner, Pro Comm ELS, LLC
Darrell McCain, USIC
David Fultz, USIC
David Reyes, USIC
Dexter Brown, Pro Comm ELS, LLC
Gary Bates, USIC
Gerald Roedel, USIC
Harry Johnson, USIC
Harry Ring, Cecil County DPW
Jamel Peoples, USIC
Jeff Godissart, SMECO
Jermaine Russell, UtiliQuest
Jermaine Street, One Call Concepts Locating Services, Inc.
John Byers, UtiliQuest
John Crider, USIC
John Curtin, Pro Comm ELS, LLC
John Flohr, USIC
John Roebuck, Williams
John Thompson, DCI
Jon Watson, One Call Concepts Locating Services, Inc.
Joshua Jackson, USIC
Leo Crooks, UtiliQuest
Les Guessford, Town of Williamsport
Marvin Allen, One Call Concepts Locating Services, Inc.
Matt Brooks, UtiliQuest
Matthew Osbourn, UtiliQuest
Mike Thomas, UtiliQuest
Mike Yang, UtiliQuest
Milton Jenkins, DCI
Phil Mason, UtiliQuest
Randy Bennett, UtiliQuest
Richard Hughes, USIC
Richard Mills, USIC
Ryan Donaldson, Williams
Ryan Thomas, UtiliQuest
Sam Wallingsford, UtiliQuest
Scott Lindenberger, USIC
Scott Roberts, City of Aberdeen
Spenser Jackson, USIC
Stephanie Thomas, UtiliQuest
Thomas Michie, St. Mary’s County Public Schools
Thurman Posey, SMECO
Tim Bailey, USIC
Todd Kelly, Anne Arundel County DPW
Tom Bowles, St. Mary’s County Public Schools
Tom Day, UtiliQuest
Tommy Carney, UtiliQuest
Wayne Sargent, City of Aberdeen
William Asare, UtiliQuest
William Wright, USIC