The Damage Prevention Committee of Miss Utility of Maryland and Washington, D.C., is pleased to announce its 2017-2018 scholarship program for graduating high school seniors.
Miss Utility will select one student from eight zones covering Maryland and Washington, D.C. to receive a $1,008.11 single-year scholarship. These zones are outlined below:
- Allegany, Frederick, Garrett and Washington Counties
- Carroll, Cecil and Harford Counties
- Baltimore City and Baltimore County
- Anne Arundel, Calvert and St. Mary's Counties
- Howard and Montgomery Counties
- Charles and Prince George’s Counties
- Washington, D.C.
- Caroline, Dorchester, Kent, Queen Anne’s, Somerset, Talbot, Wicomico and Worcester Counties
To be eligible, applicants must be on track to graduate from a Maryland or Washington, D.C., high school in spring 2018, intend to enroll in an accredited two-year or four-year college, university or technical school beginning in fall 2018, and have participated in extracurricular activities. A rigorous application review process will consider grades in relevant coursework, a personal essay and letter of recommendation.
The application period will run from January 2018 to April 6, 2018. Scholarship recipients will be notified in May 2018.
Scholarship Letter and Application Form
The scholarship letter and the application form can be found here:
Please send application form and attachments to:
MGH for Miss Utility
Attn: Kimberly Francois
100 Painters Mill Road #600
Owings Mills, MD 21117
Contact Kim Francois at email@example.com or call (410) 581-5928 if you have any questions.